School lunches are cooked on the premises and we operate a canteen style system provided by Surrey Commercial Services.
Surrey Commercial Services have been awarded the Good Food for Life accreditation and commit to the following:
- Preparing fresh food daily from fresh ingredients including freshly baked break daily.
- Serving local and seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables during the growing season.
- Using free range eggs from Surrey.
- Serving British Red Tractor or Organic meat and poultry as a minimum standard.
- Using organic milk for cooking and drinking.
- All foods are free from controversial additives, MSG and trans fats.
- Serving MSC accredited fish in support of marine conservation.
- Serving locally sourced yoghurts and ice cream.
Our menus are analysed to ensure they are complaint with the Government revised ‘Food Standards’ for school food.
We encourage the children to eat but never force them. Whether your child is bringing a packed lunch or taking a school meal, if they are not eating enough over a period, we will inform you.
The A to Z of Surrey School Meals
Click on the link below to read the latest school meal publication titled ‘A to Z of Surrey school meals’. This new brochure is an informative resource providing topical information regarding the school meal service provided by Surrey Commercial Services.
Free School Meals
In order to qualify for Free School Meals you must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that neither you nor your partner is entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of less than the current threshold of £16,190. If you, or your partner, is in receipt of Working Tax credit you are not entitled to Free School Meals, even if your annual income is below the current annual threshold of £16,190
- The ‘Guarantee’ element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
School Food Plan – Universal Infant Free School Meals
It was decided that from September 2014 all pupils in Reception, Y1 and Y2 would be entitled to a free school meal. Audley Primary School therefore offers all children in these year groups a free school meal. Every child, irrespective of household income, is entitled to take up the offer.
School meals for pupils in KS2 must be paid online using ParentPay. It is not the duty of the school, but the duty of the parent to ensure that payments are made in advance to cover school meals that their child has.
If a child does not want school meals then the parent must advise the school office in writing of the change of meal preference. All meal preference changes have to be requested a half term in advance.
Click below for the Autumn Winter 2016-17 Menu.