Y4 Walliams Class
Hello and welcome to Year 4, Walliams Class! Our class is named after the author and comedian David Walliams and we are enjoying reading a selection of his books, which are available in our Bookflix corner! We are a caring, enthusiastic class with a great sense of humour, who are extremely diligent and keen on learning! As a Rights Respecting School we decided that for our Class Charter-Article 2 (non-discrimination) was the most important, this states that- ‘every child without discrimination, whatever their ethnicity, gender, religion, language, ability or any other status has equal rights’- as specified in the UN Convention on the rights of the child.
This year our teachers are Mrs Afzal and Ms Jones. Mrs Afzal will teach on Mondays, Tuesdays and alternative Wednesday mornings will be shared with Mrs Ivey. Ms Jones will teach us on Thursdays and Fridays. We also have a specialist teacher who will teach us German.
The topics that we will be covering from our Creative Curriculum are as follows:
- Saxon Settlers
- Burps, Bottoms and Bile
- Frozen (Elsa not included)
- Home is where the heart is
We are very excited about all our learning opportunities which will be enhanced by workshops hosted by outside agencies, trips, STEM activities and outdoor learning sessions which have been carefully planned to link to each of our topics! There are also several lunchtime and after school clubs that we have the opportunity to join.
- Homework- will be set on Google Classroom. Assignments will be set on a Friday and be due back the following Wednesday.
- PE- Please ensure you have the correct PE kit in every day as although there is a set PE day, these can be subject to change at short notice. Earrings will need to be taken out (preferably not worn on weekly PE session) and long hair will need to be tied back.
- Reading: Daily reading will be expected with detailed comments recorded in reading records. Banded reading books will be changed on Monday and Thursdays.
We have lots of exciting things to learn this year and hope you have enjoyed reading about our class!